Goo: ( P ) Pronunciation Key (g)n. Informal
1. A sticky wet viscous substance.
2. Sentimental drivel.
I choose definition one to add onto brain to equal "goo brain" which is the point in the day where your brain feels like nothing more than a sticky wet, viscous substance and you swear your eyes cross on their own and you may or may not be able to sleep standing up!
One more sleep until my break and I'm crawling towards the finish line! Goo brain, thank goodness is only a temporary state and most sufferers usually recover with copious movie watching, wine drinking at least 1 bath a day!
Other fun news around camp...I've been feeling like a firewoman lately...it's quite comical. The first instance was trying to get into our cabin the other day. It had been snowing and when it warms up, the snow melts down the door and then freezes along the bottom. I first tried a gentle tap with my boot (you have to kick almost every single door around here to get it open). Then I tried the hand-shove. Then when the door was not moving, I threw a shoulder into it and nothing! I started to giggle and figured that if I tried to kick it, I might end up on my backside! I decided that I really wanted to get in so it was worth the risk so I picked up my foot and kicked the crap out of the door! Success!!!!
The kitchen door is much the same situation although it's much more warped along the bottom. I had to give it a huge shoulder slam this morning and went tumbling into the kitchen with too much momentum and smacked my knee the corner of the bench! When you are this tired, hurting yourself only makes things funnier! hehehehe

Yesterday we had 2-DC-4's, 1-Dornier, and 1-Hercules in camp! It was the Goose Lake airport! The Hercules is one of only a few that fly in North America and don't belong to the military. The plane is HUGE and had four props. The wheels were about 4 feet high and it looked so majestic on the ice and made the DC-4 look like a puny plane and the Dornier like a little bug! I was walking out to take a picture of them and the next thing I knew I was flat on my back looking up at the sky! I totally bailed on thin sheet of ice and didn't even see it coming!! I laid there for a good 5 minutes and just laughed (secretly hoping that nobody saw!). The worst part was that I now have some unidentified brown substance on my pant leg....probably fox doodoo as there are about 3-5 of them that hang out around camp.
EEEEWWWWW!

1 comment:
I wanna see pictures - not of the mysterious brown substance, silly, but the planes...
glad to see you still have your sense of humour though. =-)
Post a Comment