We also had the opportunity to meet the CEO, Leif Johannson in person. He gave us a 1hr presentation on their business and sustainability views. He was an interesting person to listen to and very inspiring. We had the chance to ask a lot of questions and before we could interact with him, he was whisked away under the treats of being in trouble with his assistant...I'm sure not the person to get on the wrong side of, being as busy as he is! I didn't get any interesting photos of that session as I didn't want to be rude snapping too many flash photos!
Afterwards we visited the Volvo Museum which was GREAT! You could walk through the 'ages' of Volvo, from old 1920's cars, jet engines, rally cars, cool 60's police cars, Roger Moore's volvo from "The Saint" movie and a huge section of concept cars and buses.
Finally my favorite part was finding my old car! I grew up in a car like this one but it was blue and a two door.
Finally, those of us who took the bus back to Karlskrona the same day were held hostage on the bus, starving our butts off until we could switch drivers and the only place where they stopped was......McDonalds!! I haven't eaten at a McDonalds in about 7 years and it was strange to be there. I just didn't care because I was SOOO freakin' hungry. We left Gotenburg at 5pm and didn't stop until 9:30pm! ARGH...

No comments:
Post a Comment