Today felt like the first day of summer...a tease for June 1st tomorrow! It was blue sky, hot and summer like! I spent most of the day at home, cleaning, packing and reviewing our thesis document. It's due in its final draft by June 7th. We are going to Barcelona for 5 days tomorrow so it's our goal to get it done tomorrow! So, the afternoon was gobbled up by doing all of these tasks as well as doing some baking and getting ready for our big afternoon BBQ down on Salto Island at the beach on the west side! It was fabulous and I even took a plunge off the diving platform with my roommate Geoff. We held hands and I jumped first because I thought he was going to drag me in...amazing what a little fear will do to motivate you!
It was fantastic to see the sun set and be surrounded by so many good friends. Shocking that our time together is so near an end! It was filled with drinks, good BBQ food, laughs, swims in the baltic, a elegant close encounter with a swan as it landed, some hungry mosquitos and an amazing sunset!
Walking home, I was joined by Nat, Sophie and a German exchange student named Marco. We were walking by the fish lady statue downtown and I saw a bike in the Baltic and feel instantly in love. I scrambled down the rocks and rescued a beautiful red Swedish bike. It's a bit rusty but in relatively good shape. A new addition to my life and we've named her "BB" which stands for "Baltic Beauty". Remember to be careful what you wish for, the universe provides!

1 comment:
Tracy, what a lovely red girl she is!! You'll look fab on it...
Post a Comment