
In approximately 3.5days I am off on my first adventure to South America! About a year ago I started thinking about where I wanted my geology career to take me in the future and two words that became constant occurrences in my mental dialogue were: "South" and "America". My work for Viceroy Exploration is taking me to visit our Gualcamayo operations in Argentina.
I absolutely LOVE words. They have so much power. Power to express love, desires, friendship, and compassion. Power to create partnerships or wars. Power to dissuade or encourage. Power to CREATE. I truly believe that these two words that started as small whispers a year ago created my current reality.
A friend was asking me the other day where exactly I was going to go so here is a little cartoon I made for him. I hope you can read it as I've made it as big as it will let me! The red circle to the left is showing "Rio Parana" which means Parana River in Spanish. It's actually a river used for trading and I'm not sure if there are an piranas in it but close enough to stay away!
I'm excited about my trip and grateful for the opportunity to visit a new place for work. I'm going to do my best to keep the blog updated on a daily basis with my experiences while away. Wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment