I have hit North American soil again at 6:30am this morning at the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas airport after a not so restful trip. I was hoping to have the three middle seats to myself like last time but had a guy on the end. I'm not so good at sleeping upright.
I had to clear US Customs here and was interested to see that they now finger print and photograph everyone who comes to stay in the states. I didn't have to do this because I'm in transit. Like I said...back in the land of the "free". I wonder how long it's going to be before you have to go naked through security and that won't be good enough!? They have this GE made "Entry Scanner" that samples puffs of air from a person when they are inside the chamber? Never seen that before! The whole process reminds me of the scene from one of the Terminator movies when he walks behind a screen and it X-rays his entire body. How free are we really?
I'm in an internet cafe located conveniently behind Starbuckaroos! Aaagghh...the sound of foam in the morning! I was grateful not to see any Starbucks, MacDonalds, Arby's etc in Argentina...perhaps they haven't infiltrated that far yet??
They have CNN running right now in the back ground and they showed a troubling story of a beating of a security guard in Las Vegas that made me feel upset. How can anyone feel good about being that violent towards another person? This is a weird place..just some words off the top of my head....caffine addicted, fat, socially isolated, blackberries, cell phones attached, diverse, ethinic, american dreams, smog, consume, "how much it too much?".....
Looking forward to getting back home to Canada.
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment