Sunday, April 16, 2006

Early bird gets the hot worm

Third and last day in camp for this trip. Was freezing cold again last night....slept with two shirts, socks, a hood and three blankets! Once I warmed up though, the bed was quite comfortable. I slept in a little this morning by accident and therefore was late getting to have a shower. Camp showers, at best, are consistantly hot but sometimes take some time to get that way. So I turned on the hot water before getting ready for my shower to let the hot water reach the faucet.....or so I thought....this morning the water got WARM, barely. I listened to my intuition and didn´t get entirely under the shower and instead chose to wash my hair under the tap in the shower. It was a good thing because three quarters of the way through my shower the hot water stopped and then the water stopped all together!!! hehehehe. Guess the early bird gets the hot water, or should I say, at least water!

The weather today has lifted from the low cloud to above the mountains and we could see the full moon still just starting to drift back down into the horizon. It was beautiful. The mountains are so beautiful here, bright reds, oranges, tans with blue and white splashes everywhere. We are finally going on a tour of the upper part of the property where the deposit actually sits. To the top, it´s about another 800-1000m in elevation. Tons of switchbacks and steep, winding roads. Hopefully I can get some good photos from the top!

No comments: