
Julie, my co-worker and I have come down to transition the database from Vancouver to San Juan and teach the geologist here about the maintanence of it. They are a great group to work with and we´ve had some fun (and frustrating) times so far. All in all, it´s going really well, mostly in spanglish!
Last night we went out for dinner at a really busy place. We left the office at 11pm and finally had our meals at 11:30pm!!! Around midnight the place just started to get really busy! This city comes alive during the wee hours of the evening. I didn´t mind too much as it was so pleasant out. A warm summer breeze blowing and lots of good conversation. We got into scary bear stories and boy do geologist have their fair share of bear stories! Well, at least Canadian geologists!
I went for a walk on my own yesterday and found a pharmacy and a cyber cafe (which I´m back visiting now). On my way home, I bought some water and took a detour and ended up getting pretty turned around in this residential area. I stopped to ask a lady about how to get back to my hotel and I ended up having three young girls (aged 11, 10 and 7) with a cute little dog escort me back to the hotel! They were my little angels, showing me the way. I wasn´t worried that I couldn´t make it on my own....I really enjoyed sharing their company and trying to communicate with them. I kept asking them to slow their speech down and they kept rat-a-tat-tatting their questions off to me! It was great!
Tonight we are going out for an early (haha) dinner at 9pm. I don´t drink often although I´m looking forward to having some local wine tonight with dinner. Julie wants to experience asado (Argentian BBQ) which always tastes great with a glass of red wine!
Chau for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment