Friday, September 21, 2007

The Fashionables

I was in Wayne's coffee the other day, treating myself to a trip off campus after completing my individual presentation, and had a chance to do some serious people watching!

I'm infatuated with the Swedes and what seems like their inherent fashion sense. It's not like in North America where you are either totally into the fashion and seemingly way out there or not caring about it at all and wearing Lululemon everywhere....I know..I can hear your outrage now (me too!)...no, it doesn't count! Our happy medium seems miles away from their (Swede's) happy medium...

Swedes seem to ALL look fashionable; whether they are punked out in tight jeans, alternate hairdos, or just hanging out in button up shirts, designer jeans, dress shoes and sport jackets (for the dudes!). I was sitting near a gaggle of teenage girls doing what they do best...gossip, laugh, stare at boys and text message and was struck by how each and everyone of them looked elegant in their own way....too bad I couldn't take pictures to better describe them!

Perhaps it's just because it's quite different from Canada...right down to bone structures...perhaps that is the appeal..that and they've somehow made leg-warmers cool again!

Anyhow...some of you have been asking for a peek into the fashion around here so I am your humble servant....only missing the shoes which will come in a later installment.

Enjoy!










1 comment:

moderngeartvtesting said...

SO fantastic! It's about an ease with fashion, and a confidence. I think we try to pull off things here and end up feeling like a flippin' idiot, for some reason. I can see it in men and women who have even lived over there for a while but who were Canadian or American. This is the sense of style I long for, but I do believe it can be achieved even it is not innate.

Thank you for this!