Friday, September 21, 2007

Thank God it's Friday!

So, it's been a crazy busy week.....it looked pretty low key on paper but the reason why there was so much white space was to give us room to complete a 15-minute individual presentation to give on Wednesday and then present a 20-minute group presentation with Q&A afterwards on Thursday. Both were designed to help us work on our public speaking/presenting skills and how to assimilate the massive amounts of information we've been learning over the first few weeks here.

It was an extremely useful experience and very tiring! In addition to these two assignments, we had a group exam on thursday afternoon. Having flashbacks of having to derive calculus equations, we were pleasantly surprised that it was open book and to be completed in groups. My group was Jen Nicols, a fellow canadian girl, and Chedi, an architect from Nigera. We were given a situation of a travel company who had contracted us to evaluate their current situation and give them feedback on their strategy (or lack there of) and suggest areas of action based on a strategic framework for moving the company towards strategic sustainability. It was awesome and the three hours whipped by....so we'll see how that goes!

Needing some idle time, I hit the farmers market as well as Geoff and I went shopping for a few last things for our house at the secondhand store! I am really enjoying living in Sweden and wish that our communities' infrastructure was similar to what exists here....maybe that is something I can help with when I return home!?!





No comments: