Monday, April 11, 2005

OUCH!


Well, the first injury for me this year happened yesterday morning! :(

I was trying to cut off a zap strap on a sample bag and I sliced my left thumb knuckle open pretty badly. My poor co-worker Shadi witnessed the whole thing! Apparently I said: "Shit, I knew that was going to happen" and started b-lining it for the medic's room....ended up having to have four stitches put in. It was my first time being awake for them and it was pretty interesting. Mike the Medic put in a bunch of freezing around the cut and then tested it to see if I could feel anything....this proceeded until I was good and painless and then the stitching began. It really didn't feel like anything except pulling and I think the grossest part was feeling the blood dripping from my thumb onto my pinkie!

Mike the Medic used to be in the army and he said he LOVED doing sutures....apparently I made his day. Didn't make mine!

1 comment:

aManCalledSun said...

Stitches are soooooo much fun. I remember being awake for both the suturing and removal of stitches along the orbital bone of my left eye. I could actually see the needle as it was going in... I'll be very happy to never have to go through that again.
Hope you are otherwise well, Tracy.

Justin and I did 50km with the running group yesterday morning. Marathon? bah....
I've also working on some time-lapse video clips of the view from my new apartment. We've had a good variety of clouds over the past few days so lots interesting footage.