Is how I feel everytime I step out of my cabin lately! It's been beautiful and sunny but bloody windy (20-25knots and cold -35C). It is has melted all the nice powdery snow down to sheets of ice and icy snow! It's so fun walking around ....it's like a luge into our cabin, a little skating rink in front of the kitchen and a whole toboggan run down to the core shack! Thankfully, we have salt (some of which...well most of which gets blown away, but some does work) and some handy snowshovels for hacking up the ice. No slips yet!
Such a beautiful sunset this evening...there is a light dusting of clouds off in the horizon and the sun is reflecting off of them in colors of light purple, pink, orange, yellow and red. It's a shame though that it's staying lighter, later because we won't be able to see the Northern Lights! There was one night I was up for a late potty break and I didn't want to go back to bed...the Northern Lights were out and they were amazing! Sometimes they move and shift so quickly and others, they are slower and lazier. It is one of those things in life, mine anyway, that never loses it's "awe" factor. I just stand and watch them in awe and could literally do it for hours! They shift horizontally as well as vertically and although the most common color I've seen has been green, I have also seen them display colors of red, yellow, blue and white.
I was looking around the core shack today at the people I work with and was so thankful for them. As well as work our butts off, we sure are able to share a lot of laughter! We have a great time and I'm so blessed to work with some great people! It can be difficult in a camp so small and isolated to keep your sense of humor which is why I think that we all have slightly weirder ones than most!!! It's good because I have two more weeks of my six week rotation and I'm going to need all the humor I can get the closer I come to my leaving date!
Thursday, April 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment