This might night seem like a big deal although the infrastructure here for biking is so strong and well used, you can imagine how second-hand bikes are in demand. Finding a second-hand bike is not easy and they are not cheap like they are in N.America. $150-400 will get you a decent second-hand bike here...most like with repairs needed!
So, the offer of a bike that has been sitting in her shed for a year for FREE was excellent. I'd like to introduce you to the Beige Bomber, aptly named by my roommate Geoff. It's not pretty and the chain needs to be replaced but it gets me from A to B and I am pleased to be able to ride it without feeling like I'm going to be hit by a car as bikers have their OWN LANE on the road. LOVELY!

I went for my first bike ride the other day to the bike shop north of town called Ronny's. Ironicially, it's right behind the other Ronnie's (McDonalds)! Yes, there are McDonalds in Sweden. I was surpised as somehow I figured that fast food wouldn't fly here? Sadly, I was wrong.
Here are some photos from my bike ride

Utfart I think means Exit

Beautiful little quiet harbor.

1 comment:
How pretty!! Am glad you have transportation...can you ride through the winter? I think that does mean exit, as in Germany it's something like aushfart or ausfahrt...we have good jokes when we're on the autobahn with tummy gas, about having to ausfahrt outta there. Ha. We're so grown up!
Was in Tofino on the weekend, said hello to the waves for you!
Post a Comment