
I have now been in Sweden for the last 6 days and I've already lost track of time. What is it about setting up a new life that causes the flurry of activities to blur together? I am having a hard time recounting what happened on which day as there have been so many events, meetings, lessons learned and places explored. Here are a few places I've seen so far!





I feel really at home here and have found the Swedes to be quite a polite and friendly bunch. Many of them are very willing to speak in English and if they don't speak English (like all of the bus drivers so far..go figure?) then they just give you a look and you know not to go further or start your international language of arm waving!
Yesterday was our first "meet and greet" with all of the students who are here so far and it was a very interesting event. I call it the "dog park" as after the initial introductions, the programme coordinators left us all to our own devices to figure out how to distribute the second-hand goods left behind by the previous year's students in a fair and equitable manner. There was much energetic jockeying and it's far from over yet! It reminded me of a bunch of dogs in a park, getting to know one another...lots of sniffing and growling :)
Should be interesting to see all that evolves from this process.I am now officially a student at the Blekinge Institute of Technology after finally being able to register today. They are quite strict and have had three people view my passport! I got my internet password and log-in and it seems I might have a new nickname develop....Taly, which is my acronym for logging into my school email.... So, call me Taly!

No comments:
Post a Comment