Yesterday, Geoff and I are sitting at Wayne's looking for places to live. (I met Geoff, a fellow classmate yesterday when we got of the same train from Stockholm and were trying to figure out the transit map.) So picture us, sitting Mac computer by Mac computer in Wayne's, one person looking at listings and the other translating words that we don't know from Swedish into English.
We were sitting there for about 45 minutes and I had noticed a man sitting a couple of tables down from us, also on his computer and cell phone. I briefly thought, wouldn't it be nice if he leaned over and said, "I have this place for rent. do you need a place to live?". Strange thought..not sure where it came from?
So, I went back to translating for Geoff and he finished his call and this guy leans over and asks Geoff, "Are you two students?" We reply "Yes." He says, "My business partner and I have bought a house really close to the university and we are wanting to rent the top floor to some students. Would you be interested in seeing it?"
EXCELLENT!
So, Robert introduced himself as a marketing consultant from Sweden but a current resident of Barcelona. His business partner is Matthias and they showed us the house yesterday afternoon. Matthias and his family will live on the main floor, their office will be on the ground floor and we'll have the suite on the top floor!
The house is old and lovely! It was built in 1912 and has 7 chimneys with ceramic tiled wood stoves although no longer in use as the house is now heated by geothermal heat. The upper suite has three bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, two bathrooms and in-suite laundry (huge bonus!). It's old and needs some TLC..figuring a good coat of paint and removal of 1940's wallpaper will do nicely! Robert and Matthias have asked for our input on how to make the suite nice for students and plan to furnish the place with the basics.
So...I think the law of attraction works well and we are excited to move in there and find a third roommate!
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hurrah for serendipity! :-)
Oh yay babe! Well, serendipity is indeed your life...not just the name of your blog!
Me
Post a Comment